Photographic Competition – win a Centra Whitemountain hamper
ENTRIES CLOSED 30 September 2019. WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
Calling all amateur photographers! Enter Whitemountain & District Community Association (the organiser) photographic competition to help us create a photographic gallery of Belshaws Quarry Nature Reserve and Sculpture Park and be in with a chance to win a bumper hamper (thanks to Centra Whitemountain), a years membership of Shorts Camera Club and a number of other goodies yet to be announced.
Monthly 'spot' prizes will also be awarded for the best photo taken and submitted in each of the months of May through to September. Monthly submissions must be made by midnight on the last calendar day of each of the months of May through to September.
We are looking for photographs of something you thought looked special.
Your photos must have been taken within the publicly accessible areas of Belshaw’s Quarry Nature Reserve and Sculpture Park.
When you are ready to send us your photo(s), send us a message through the Contact Us tab of this website and you will then be sent specific upload instructions (possibly using an on-line storage facility).
The overall closing date for the competition is Monday 30 September 2019 before 7pm. All monthly submissions are automatically included.
· Entrants can only enter one age category (under 16 years old by 1 May 2019 or over 16 years old by 1 May 2019).
· Each entrant may submit up to six photographs in total over the months of May to September. Photos shall be in jpg format.
· A special award for the best four images by the same entrant, one from each season taken in the same park setting.
· To be eligible, your photos must have been taken after 1 April 2019 and they must have been taken from an area of the reserve that’s open to the public and you can identify where you took the photo from.
· The competition is open to everyone, except professional photographers. We cannot accept photographs that have won prizes in other competitions.
· Entrants must be the sole author and owner of copyright for all photos entered.
· The Organiser retains the right to free reproduction and exhibition of all entries.
· By sending a photograph to us you grant permission for the Organiser to publish the photograph, or any part of it, for an indefinite period, in any media it chooses including the website and social media accounts.
· No commercial payment will be made by the Organiser for the use of your photographs.
· Entries must have within the file name the author’s name, age category, a contact telephone number and a title for your image. For example: J Bloggs under 16 028 12345678 Water Beetle. The title is not assessed by the judges.
· Before taking an image and submitting an entry, photographers must seek permission from anyone who is recognisable in any photograph or secure the permission of parents or guardians for the photographs of minors or vulnerable adults.
· Entrants’ images may be digitally edited to remove spots or scratches. However, the image should not have content added or removed digitally. Judges reserve the right to exclude any image that they believe has been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
· All entries are sent at the photographer’s own risk and the Organiser is not responsible for damage or loss sustained in delivery of entries.
· No more than one prize will be awarded to any entrant.
· A panel of judges will choose the winning photos. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
· No committee member of the Organiser or member of the sponsor may enter the competition.
· By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.